OnlineJobs.ph is a subscription-based job website for hiring virtual assistants in the Philippines. The website is American-based and is operated on a “pay to contact workers” business model.
The Philippines is an excellent destination to look for top-quality remote workers or virtual employees. Companies often use remote workers from the Philippines due to Filipinos’ proficiency in the English language.
Moreover, Filipinos are diligent, long-term career-minded, and fiercely loyal. To top it all off, Filipinos work extremely hard and are dedicated and honest.
And more importantly, you may recruit more experienced, college-educated workers at a much lower rate than in the US or anywhere in the developed world.
OnlineJobs.ph is a job board website that lets you find Philippine virtual assistants by posting jobs.
Table of Contents
Brief Background About OnlineJobs
In 2006, the company’s creator, John Jonas from Utah, hired a virtual assistant through an agency. He then realized that he was paying his VA’s salary with a markup directly to the agency. Thinking it would be more financially prudent for him to hire his virtual assistant directly, he tried scouring the internet to connect with virtual assistants but to no avail.
He then built a job board website where employers can directly connect with virtual assistants and negotiate salaries. That way, employers get to evade the hefty markup that agencies usually charge per virtual assistant.
Thus, in 2009, John Jonas came up with the idea of OnlineJobs.ph, a website that connects North America and foreign companies looking to hire virtual assistants or remote workers from the Philippines.
His website became the go-to place for Filipinos to upload their resumes to be viewed by potential employers from the US and other parts of the globe through the years.
How OnlineJobs.ph Works for Employers
- Post a Job or Search Resumes
When looking for applicants, employers can first publish job listings. A free account provides an overview of applicants’ qualifications and portfolios. While your free account won’t show their contact details, upgraded accounts will.
With the free account, you may search for your desired employees by browsing resumes found on the website. However, you must upgrade your free account before contacting the potential candidates.
- Find Perfect Staff Members
Upon upgrading your account, you can schedule and conduct interviews with the shortlisted candidates, negotiate their salary rates and work hours, and clarify the terms of employment, career requirements, and more.
- Hire and Manage
Once you’ve found the ideal candidate who matches your requirements and is vetted during the screening and interview, you may hire them directly without paying any markup.
As the employer, you have complete control over the employment of the virtual assistants as the latter is not working for OnlineJobs.ph.
After that, you are no longer charged unless you need to hire new virtual assistants, which would be necessary to get an upgraded account to contact the applicants and candidates.
If the idea of sifting through hundreds of applications stresses you out, OnlineJobs.ph provides a “done for you” service. The process is simple:
- Pay the $500 recruiting contract payments.
- Click on the ‘Fill out the virtual staff request form’ link.
- The platform goes through various sourcing, screening, and finding stages to select the best-suited nominee.
- With your new Philippine virtual assistant, you can now start efficiently scaling your business without doing all the work.
You can browse talented Philippine remote workers from the database with the following job titles:
- Virtual Assistant
- Real Estate Virtual Assistant
- Customer Service
- WordPress Developer
- SEO expert
- Google Adwords
- Graphic designer
- Photoshop expert
- Video Editor
- Social Media Marketing Specialist
- Facebook Marketing
- PHP Developer
- Content Writer
- Amazon expert
- E-commerce expert
- Shopify Developer
- Sales representative
- Lead Generation
- PPC Expert
- Marketing Specialist
- Data Entry Specialist
- iOS developer
- Web developer
- Web designer
- Magento Developer
- Project Manager
- Data Entry Specialist
- Infusionsoft Specialist
How OnlineJobs.ph Works for Employees
To set up your account, you must first create a profile and register an account. Then, to find work that matches your experience and competency, update your skills and portfolio. Afterward, you search the job boards for listings and apply. Then, if an employer finds your resume fit for the job, you will be contacted via OnlineJobs.ph and scheduled for an interview and screening process.
Now, suppose you’re very specific about the company you want to work with. In that case, you can use the Employer Search and verify if the employers that have contacted you are using the OnlineJobs.ph platform.
It’s for your protection that the employers are inside OnlineJobs.ph as it presupposes that they have agreed to the terms and conditions of the job platform.
Pros for Employers
- It’s a job board. You post jobs, and people apply.
- No extra charges for mark-up on workers’ salaries
- The fast filtering system of hundreds of applications from different industries
- Has a significant number of dedicated virtual assistants to choose from
- There’s a virtual assistant time tracking system to track employees’ time and screen activities
- Offers free training courses
- There’s a money-back guarantee
The strength of the filtering system of OnlineJobs is something to admire. It’s like a resume database, allowing you to sort the listings by their creation, the required qualifications, and salary requirements.
The most significant filters are resumes of applicants with strong English communication skills and applicants whose resumes have been updated within the last month.
Pros for Employees
- Flexibility of work
- Thousands of jobs to choose from
- Can negotiate with the employers on terms of work or directly decline the job offer
- Can choose if you opt to go freelance, part-time, or full-time work
- Easy to sign-up
- Many employers are technical or skills-oriented and are not seeking a college degree.
- Have many references for reviews from many applicants and various employers
- You can choose from various payment methods.
- Have a time tracking system to monitor the hours of work and accomplished tasks.
One of the most outstanding features of OnlineJobs.ph is that you may work flexibly (for freelancers and part-timers). In addition, you are employed by a company that is willing to take you on.
You’ll never run out of options to look for prospective employers based on your skills, as there are thousands of industries looking to hire virtual assistants or remote workers who best match their job vacancies.
Con for Employers
- There is minimal mediation between the employer and the virtual assistant
- Absence of any dispute resolution
- Most Filipino workers preferred to be paid in Philippine pesos
- Need to do the candidate screening
Cons for Employees
- No payment or salary protection. This means workers and virtual assistants can work and then not get paid by employers! This, for us, provides a massive risk for workers.
- Huge time zone difference, and work is mainly on the night shift
- Tight competition among thousands of Philippine virtual assistant applicants
- You can’t apply if you have a minimum ID score
Plans and Pricing
A company that hires virtual assistants in OnlineJobs.ph might end up saving the company a massive amount of money in the long run, making it an excellent long-term value proposition. As an employer, you have three options to use OnlineJobs.ph — free account, pro, and premium.
You can post job vacancies and have them displayed inside the website open for applications, get to use Timeproof (the OnlineJobs.ph branded time tracking software), and access OnlineJob.ph’s huge employee directory with the free plan.
However, you cannot contact or recruit the workers, and posting the job vacancies can take up to two days as it requires prior approval.
The problem with this is that workers could apply for jobs with a 0% chance of getting a reply because the employer can post a job, then not opt to upgrade and pay OnlineJobs.ph to respond to the applicant.
The other problem with this is that OnlineJobs.ph charges a monthly subscription of $69-$99, which we find for a job board. This is on the expensive side of things.
The monthly fee for OnlineJob.ph’s Pro package is $69 a month. With this Pro account, you get to enjoy the following benefits:
- Up to three work postings can be made
- Instant clearance of work postings
- Communicate directly with prospective hires
- Assess employee testimonials/reviews
- Contact 75 additional employees from those who have already applied to your job listing.
Our summary of the plan:
At $69 per month, we find only being able to post three jobs and contact 75 applicants expensive for what ultimately advertises itself as a jobs board.
OnlineJobs also provides a $99/month Premium package. The Premium package includes everything in the Pro plan, plus the following:
- Monthly work postings up to ten positions
- Contact 500 additional employees in addition to those who apply to the job listing
- You’ll get complimentary data history checks and the right to contact previous employers
- Receive a complimentary virtual assistant mentoring package
- Gain links to OnlineJob.ph’s video courses on outsourcing
Our summary of the plan:
We find this better value than the pro plan, as at least you can contact 500 applicants instead of 75.
However, at $99, it’s again on the expensive side of things for a job board.
If you’ve found your perfect candidate for your job posts, you’ll no longer need to use OnlineJobs.ph and may end the monthly subscription. This approach means that you can work exclusively with the individuals, with no middlemen or markups on their salaries.
Virtual Assistant Tracking Software
OnlineJobs.ph developed a time-management software program, Timeproof, which shows how many hours the virtual assistants have worked for their employers.
This small program is built to be compatible with either Apple or PC-based devices. It automatically tracks the hours worked, plus capturing screen images that show snapshots of the virtual assistants’ work during their entire shift.
This software provides an accountability mechanism for the employer and ensures that workers dedicate their time towards the accomplishment of their assigned tasks.
This is optional for employers but highly encouraged to keep their virtual assistants’ time and monitoring progress.
Other Online Job Platform Alternatives
If you’re interested in finding outstanding Filipino employees and getting to compare Philippine virtual assistants, you may also try VirtualStaff.ph.
Based on our head-to-head comparison, we find VirtualStaff.ph is the best alternative to OnlineJobs.ph, and it is better value for money when all things are considered.
However, both OnlineJobs.ph or VirtualStaff.ph are effective choices to outsource.
In choosing the virtual assistant website, the most crucial thing is making sure the online job posting and subscription platforms you want to use are reputable and have been in operation for a long time. You should also pay attention to both employers’ and workers’ truthful feedback and review.
As an employee, OnlineJobs.ph is one of the best places to look for online employment.
This is a reasonably good website for stay-at-home individuals looking for sources of income or parents who want to spend more time with their children at home, or simply individuals who wish to gain more knowledge and skills.
It is worthy noting that a high ID Trust score doesn’t guarantee you a job, even though it’s an advantage. If you want a particular job, you need to update and curate your profile and resume to match what the job is looking for.
Again, it’s worth noting that the significant risk for you as a worker is as follows:
1. OnlineJobs.ph allows free job posts. This means you might be applying for jobs that the employer can’t respond to because they must pay OnlineJobs.ph and upgrade their account to reply to you.
2. Be careful; there is no payment protection or salary protection, meaning if the employer does not pay you, there is probably nothing OnlineJobs.ph can or will do to help you recover your money.
Read reviews about alternatives to OnlineJobs.ph
- Our review of VirtualStaff.ph “The Philippines Outsourcing Marketplace”.
- Review of Chris Duckers Virtual Staff Finder.
- Honest review of MyOutDesk.
I’ve chosen those three as three good Philippines-specific alternatives to OnlineJobs.ph. Each option has its advantages and disadvantages, and ultimately only you can decide which is the best option for what you need.
Being a virtual assistant reviewer, we also review hundreds of other outsourcing providers, and you can read all of our virtual assistant company reviews if you’d like to.
Have you used OnlineJobs.ph before to hire virtual assistants? Would you please leave a review below and rate the company to tell everyone about your experience?
Be the first to leave a review.